Every year, Nordstrom comes through with some really great pieces in its Anniversary Sale. I like to go for fall/winter basics and have been very pleased with my choices so far. I bought a pair of classic black Chelsea boots 3 or 4 years ago that are still going strong, winter coats that are still looking new, and a few pieces of jewelry that are standing the test of time.
With this sale, it’s easy to get swept up in the excitement and I have definitely purchased a few items that I didn’t need, but for the last 3 years I’ve been going only for classics and can say the pieces I’ve bought were definitely solid additions to my wardrobe.
I’m doing the same thing this year and going for just a few pieces to add to my closet this year. If you need help staying focused on what to look for, here’s a list of a few things that are great investments (especially if you can get them on sale!) for your closet:
- Coats: warm winter style, trench, blazer, moto
- Boots: Chelsea in black, tall in black or tan, or hiking boots
- Jewelry: go for simple pieces that will coordinate with your existing wardrobe easily
- Makeup: I love sets that include a carrying case as they’ll be great for travel since they include most of what’s needed for a complete look
- Accessories: Travel bags, designer sunglasses in classic styles, cashmere scarves
Here’s a collection of pieces I think you will love and will look great in your wardrobe for years to come!
I may receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you when you purchase from any affiliate links below. Thanks!