Hello friends! Today I want to share my morning skincare routine with you. I love the feeling a good skincare routine gives. I feel like I’m really taking care of myself when my skincare routine is consistent and the products are good quality. And I especially like starting my day off with a fresh face, ready to greet what’s in store.
“May your day be as flawless as your skincare routine.”hannah betzel
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks!
It took me years to finally land on the right skincare routine. The right combination of products and being consistent have been key for me to finally get my skin looking and feeling how I want it. I still have some room for improvement for sure, but I am actually really happy with my skin for the first time ever.
I never would have imagined in my younger days when I struggled with acne (from age 14-20) and then with enlarged and clogged pores (all through my 20’s and in my 30’s) that people would actually ask me – ME? – for skincare tips, but it happens all the time now! It is the biggest compliment, having struggled with my skin so much, and I am so very grateful!
One thing I’ve found is that even though the skincare I use now is more expensive than what I used in my 20’s, the higher quality products are much more potent and effective – and I actually use them all until they’re empty. The products I’m listing below last for a very long time because I only need to use a very small amount. I think my moisturizer was purchased close to a year ago and I still have a month or two left on it! It literally takes just a few drops to cover my face and neck!
This Derma E bottle is completely empty. I used the last drop the morning of these photos then promptly ordered a new bottle from Ulta. I’m so glad I was able to pick it up curbside the next day. This product (which is a hyaluronic acid gel) has helped my skin feel moisturized all day long.
The sunless tanning drops feel weightless and I mix them in with my hyaluronic acid so they’re one of the first things that soaks into my skin. My face is usually lighter than the rest of my body because of exfoliants and such, so these drops help to balance my color out.
When I have lash extensions done, I often just pop on a little concealer, powder, and lip balm and go about my day! It’s nice to feel like my skin tone is even and healthy looking with minimal makeup sometimes. If you try the tanning drops, be sure to wash your hands after applying or you will get an orange tint to your palms.
My skin is normal with an oily t-zone. My main skincare concerns are:
- large pores in t-zone
- slight texture on my cheeks from acne days
- a few sun spots trying to show
- some fine lines creeping up
Here’s what I use every single morning on my face and neck. My morning routine has eight steps, but I promise it only takes 5 or so minutes start to finish. It’s actually super quick! Scroll on down to download a FREE printable Morning Skincare Guide Sheet.
8 Step Morning Routine:
- Wash gently with lukewarm water using Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. This wash leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight or dry.
- Mist with rose water. This calms the skin and preps it for products. It also smells amazing!
- Hyaluronic Acid gel mixed with sunless tanning drops. HA helps draw moisture into the skin all day. It makes the products you apply afterwards more effective.
- Vitamin C serum. It fights free radicals, evens out skin tone, reduces the appearance of fine lines, and brightens the complexion. This helps give my skin a nice glow.
- Moisturize with Origins’ Mega-Mushroom Relief and Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion. This lotion is actually touted as a moisturizing toner but I use it as my moisturizer. My skin can’t handle anything too heavy, especially in the summer. The consistency is like water (pour carefully until you get used to it!) and it soaks into the skin completely! I pour a few drops into my palm, rub my hands together and pat it in.
- Eye cream. I’ve used many different eye creams over the years starting at age 19 (Oil of Olay was my go to for a good decade). The cream I’ve used most recently and like: Origins Energizing Eye Cream.
- Sunscreen. I just discovered SuperGoop! Unseen Sunscreen and love it! It doesn’t smell or feel like sunscreen. It feels similar to a velvety primer (Benefit’s Porefessional in particular) to me and doesn’t feel greasy. Makeup goes on just fine over this.
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. Yes, it’s for nighttime, but I like to put this on while I’m doing my makeup to prep my lips. I wipe it off when I’m finished doing the rest of my makeup and my lips feel nice and moisturized before applying lipstick.
So there you have it! It sounds like a lot when I type it out, but it’s all really super quick and takes just a few minutes each morning.
If you’re just starting your skincare routine or want to hit the reset button and start anew, check out my free printable above for some guidance and motivation.
Note: Please research ingredients to make sure you’re not allergic to any of them. As much as I love skincare and love talking about it, I am not a dermatologist nor an aesthetician, so research what works for your unique needs.
Thanks so much for reading and let me know if you try any of these products! I would love to know which ones worked for you! Stay tuned for my nighttime skincare routine coming soon (and the product that drastically improved my pores in just days!) and as always, message me or leave a comment with any questions.
xo – Hannah
Leave a Reply